Silas University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmilla, Laura, Kallista and LaFontaine Location: Summers' territory

+2
Carmilla Karnstein
Laura Hollis
6 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Carmilla, Laura, Kallista and LaFontaine Location: Summers' territory Empty Carmilla, Laura, Kallista and LaFontaine Location: Summers' territory

Post by Laura Hollis Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Life doesen't always work out the way you want it to, Laura had learned that the past serveral days, she learned you can't change people, and heroes don't always win, sometimes the heroes lose and there's nothing you can do about it.
She'd lost the school, she'd worked so hard to save, The Corvae Cooperation had taken over and she had no idea what she would do to the poor students she had abandoned there, everything was her fault, Mattie's death.. Danny's death. She'd pushed Carmilla away from her all for the good of everyone else, and what had it done? Gotten everyone killed.
The Corvae were taking over and she was stuck in the library with Carmilla and Lafontaine, debating on what to do next.. rather, they were talking about what to do next, Laura hadn't spoken more then a few sentences the past few days, even with Carmilla being nice to her which was terribly awkward, offering to get her chocolate from the vending machine, chocolate couldn't fix the mess she had made... nothing could, and this was her mess, she'd started this when the girls started disappearing, all of this could have been avoided if she would have just minded her own busisness.
 Laura sat wrapped up in a blanket in a corner starring off into the nothingness, wrapped up in her own thoughts, she could hear Carmilla and Lafontaine talking, probably about her zombie-like state, or the why she hadn't said more then a couple of sentences in the past few days.
It was simply for the fact Laura had nothing to say, the only thing she could do was blame herself for the mess she had caused.

Last edited by Laura Hollis on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laura Hollis
Laura Hollis
Admin

https://silasuniversity.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Carmilla, Laura, Kallista and LaFontaine Location: Summers' territory Empty Re: Carmilla, Laura, Kallista and LaFontaine Location: Summers' territory

Post by Carmilla Karnstein Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:57 pm

To say we had a bit of a crisis on our hands was an understatement. We were trapped in the library with a slowly dwindling food supply (And no supply of blood other than the two humans trapped with me), half of the dimwit squad was missing, probably captured by Corvae for all we know, and there was the small matter of my mother possibly being alive and, as usual, up to no good. We seriously couldn't seem to catch a break, heck, being stuck in the library was our break, but we couldn't exactly stay here forever.

That is exactly why I had taken to talking with Ginger Twin #1, trying to figure out how to escape this place. The response I got wasn't very helpful at all. It was a vague, along the lines of 'I'll try to think of something' but with more technical terms in regards to the sentient building, and how to communicate our freedom with it. Yes, because a library would really listen to our heartfelt pleas and set us free!

There was also another issue; the human embodiment of doom and gloom in the corner. Ever since she snapped the charter in half Laura had been depressed over it. She felt an overwhelming amount of guilt for her actions and felt like she had lost herself, along with everything she had fought for. I had tried talking to her, but it didn't seem to work. In fact, all it had succeeded in doing was leaving a wet patch of tears and snot on my only jacket. She hadn't really moved from that corner since, but we couldn't exactly leave her here. We needed her up and moving, helping us figure out what to do. And apparently it was up to me to make sure she did that. Fantastic.

Heaving a sigh, I reluctantly made my way over to Laura, going unnoticed by her - wow, she really was out of it. After a moment of awkward silence, I cleared my throat and tapped her foot against mine, "Earth to Laura. We need to get out of here and you're usually the one that comes up with the harebrained schemes so... Are you going to help us, or are you going to keep moping?" Hopefully Laura would be able to get out of her rut soon. I knew that sometimes it could be tough to do so, but we needed the optimistic, persevering, 'Woman of action' Laura right now.
Carmilla Karnstein
Carmilla Karnstein

Back to top Go down

Carmilla, Laura, Kallista and LaFontaine Location: Summers' territory Empty Re: Carmilla, Laura, Kallista and LaFontaine Location: Summers' territory

Post by Laura Hollis Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:12 pm

She heard voices of distant chatter, and then they stopped and Carmilla came over. It wasn't as though Laura didn't see her, she just didn't care, maybe if she didn't care everything would be easier, maybe then she could stop hurting the people she cared about, but really was everything as simple as to just not caring? Laura had been wrapped up in her own thoughts when she felt Carmilla tap her foot with her boot, Laura looked up at her.

Carmilla had been doing annoyingly sweet things to try to get her to talk, and Laura only responded in a few short sentences, she just didn't feel like talking, she didn't feel like doing anything.  A sigh escaped Laura's lips as she shrugged her shoulders. " So we can go back up there and Corvae can kill us all? That's a great plan Carmilla. Let's have more people I care about die, this mess is my fault, I can't fix this... I made a mess that I can't fix and I tried so hard, and look at what happened? I hurt people.. worse I killed people Carmilla.. I killed Danny and Mattie because I was too selfish to see who I was hurting, I was doing what I thought was right instead of seeing the bigger picture.. I'm so tired of hurting people.. I just..I don't know what to do anymore.. I can't fix this.. I don't know how." tears were falling down her face and Laura looked away from her." I'm sorry Carmilla.. I can't."
Laura Hollis
Laura Hollis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmilla Karnstein Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:46 pm

Ok, so now Laura was the sarcastic one instead of me. I was about to explain that I didn't mean that we should go and get ourselves killed, but the tiny human continued talking, spilling out her emotions in front of me, both verbally and in the form of tears. Just like that, I crumbled. As soon as the waterworks started I could feel myself going soft. There was just so much guilt in Laura, so much sadness and it was unnatural for her. It was, dare I say it, heartbreaking.

Almost on instinct, I sat down and reached out to her, about to brush away her tears, before I realized what I was doing and shoved my hands into my pockets. No, I couldn't do that anymore. Surely there were boundaries now - things I couldn't do without it being awkward, considering that we were no longer together. Wiping away Laura's tears was sure to be one of those boundaries, so I had to keep my hands to myself.

"Listen, you didn't kill Danny." I spoke up, trying to think my words through as I said them. "You know what she was like, she'd jump into battle without giving it a second thought. She... Was probably partially to blame for her own death. So is Mattie." It still hurt to think about her being dead, and even harder  to look at Laura while discussing it, since I was afraid of what my face would give away. "She didn't exactly make it easy for anyone to trust her, and... She was[ hurting Xena. Maybe you shouldn't have told her how to kill my sister but that doesn't make you responsible for her death. Not entirely at least."

So in trying to make the cupcake feel better, I had implied that it was still partially her fault that Mattie had died. I had said once before that I wasn't good at the whole 'Feelings' thing, but this was by far my worst attempt so far! Think, Carmilla, think! For a moment, there was no sound. A silent electricity passed between Laura and I in the awkwardness as I tried to figure out what to say. Thankfully, I did eventually thing of something, and turned my gaze in Laura's direction, despite her refusing to look at me. "Socrates once said 'True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us'. I'm not sure how you feel but from where I stand it seems like you've started to realize that, which means you're becoming wiser. I'm pretty sure all of that new-found wisdom will help you figure out a way of fixing things." Or at least a way of getting us out of here and keeping us alive long enough to grab Betty Crocker and the bookworm and hightail it out of Silas, but somehow I felt that mentioning that option would still go down badly, even if Laura had changed since the last time that conversation had been brought up.
Carmilla Karnstein
Carmilla Karnstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Hollis Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:07 pm

She blinked a few times, then sighed shaking her head. " Everything Danny did was for me, because she cared about me, I saw her standing there and I didn't do anything, I should have yelled at her or.. just, anything but I didn't.. I just sat there..and she died in my arms..In that moment I had never felt so helpess, knowing there was nothing I could to to save her, nothing could fix what had been done, and I was scared Theo would come after me next, until Mel showed up, honestly I think that's the only reason he didn't kill me..
I never do anything, I never fight, I just hide like a child, and it's gotten all my friends killed.. I should have stopped Mattie and Danny, but I didn't maybe if I would have they would both still be alive." the tears were coming faster as Laura turned away from Carmilla. It killed her she was beside her, and she wouldn't touch her, or hold her.. which is desperately what she needed at that moment, so instead she wrapped her ams around herself and brought her knees to her chest.

" Your right, we need to find Perry and JP and get the hell out of Silas, hide out somewhere until we can come up with a plan to fix this mess, but we can't stay here, it's too dangerous and we're terribly low in the food and blood department." she sighed. " But staying here would sign both our death certificates." she looked up at Carmilla again and sighed.

" When I knew Vordenburg was going to kill you, despite anything I said.. I- I didn't care.. I wanted to kill him, I wanted him to feel the pain from everyone he's murdered and destroyed..I knew he would when I destroyed that charter.. but .. I couldn't loose you Carmilla, not again. I wasn't going to let him kill you too... and I know that's horrible to say.. How could you not care about killing someone right? " Laura sobbed as she rambled." I was terrifed I was going to loose you too, and I'd rather have you as a friend in my life, if we're never anything more again. I wasn't going to let him take you away from me too."
Laura looked up again at Carmilla and quickly wiped her eyes." I'm sorry Carm, about everything.. and I know it won't bring Maddie back or fix anything... But I'm just.. I'm sorry."
Laura Hollis
Laura Hollis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmilla Karnstein Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:51 am

That did it. Boundaries be damned, I could not take this level of crying, especially when she spoke about how she just wanted to save me, something I was pretty sure I didn't even deserve. Besides, Laura chose one life over the thousand, and if a hug would help towards repaying her for that, then so be it. I only hesitated for a moment as my arms wrapped around Laura in a hug, not caring about any repercussions from my actions, though I was pretty sure they'd make themselves known soon.

"I forgive you." Were my first words, probably the most important words that needed to be said right now. For a moment I found myself questioning those words, but then mentally nodded my head in confirmation. "We all messed up, Laura. You weren't the only one in the room when Mattie died. We were all there; we all could've done something, so there's no point in shouldering all the guilt yourself. But I don't agree that you hide. Besides the Ginger Giant, you're one of the biggest fighters I know. You fought off my mother to save five students becoming fish food, you fought against Mattie when she was selling off parts of the school, and Vordenberg when he started detaining students... You may have a tendency to rush into action without thinking through the consequences and you may have made mistakes along the way, but you're definitely a fighter." Quietly, I added, "If anything I'm the hider."

I was never much of a hugger. Occassionally I had hugged Mattie in greeting, but besides ex lovers, that was really it. With Laura, though, it felt... Different. Nicer. Somehow her body just fit perfectly against mine and I was able to surround myself in her intoxicating scent. It was only when we accidentally locked gazes that I realized I was enjoying this hug way too much. We weren't dating anymore, I couldn't let myself feel like this now. There was clearly something between us, but now was neither the time nor place to figure out what that 'Something' was. Pulling back a little too abruptly, I rose to my feet, stretching out my limbs a little before offering a hand to help Laura up. "Come on, lets search for a way out of here. The sooner we get out, the sooner we can grab the others and leave." Laura still seemed intent on trying to fix things, which would probably cause even more trouble - had she not learnt her lesson? - but I wasn't about to argue with her over it. At least, not until we had successfully escaped this Hell on Earth.
Carmilla Karnstein
Carmilla Karnstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Hollis Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:01 am

Electricity shot through her as soon as Carmilla wrapped her arms aorund her. Laura relaxed and laid her head on Carmilla's shoulder snuggling up next to her. Even though her head was screaming stop! this is a terrible idea, your just going to get yourself hurt again you stupid girl! Laua ignored it.

She'd always felt safe in Carmilla's arms, she was able to realx and drown out all the horrible things that were happening for the moment, and it broke her heart even more knowing Carmila wasn't her's anymore. even though Carmilla still protected her and saved her, it was just an innocent jester to comfort Laura because she was crying, beause Carmilla knew that she was hurting, hell it hurt a thousand times worse knowing Carmilla forgave her for killing her sister, though deep down Laura wasn't sure if she believed her or not, not that she would ever say that, she didn't want to fight anymore, she just wanted to get the hell out of Austria and away from Silas, where she could clear her head and come up with a better plan to take the school back.

Laura felt empty, and a little hurt when Carmilla quickly stood up and moved away from her, but she sighed ad took Carmilla's hand standing up herself, holding into Carmilla's hand longer then she should have, she didn't want to let go, so Laura just pretended she had no idea she was still holding her hand, though Carmilla was sure to notice maybe she could get away for it just long enough that the contact would be enough and she nodded.

" I'm all for finding a way out of here Carm, but we really don't have anywhere to go do we? I mean if you think your mother is alive, won't she try to hunt you down? Or hell she could hunt me down I'm the one that dropped he rock on her and made her fall into that pit with the anglerfish. You don't think the moment either of us step foot off this campus she won't have everyone one of her lackies looking for us? Then what the heck are we supposed to do?!" Laura groaned and sighed." It's never going to end is it?"
Laura Hollis
Laura Hollis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmilla Karnstein Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:05 am

The hand-holding didn't go unnoticed at all. Being a vampire meant to were hyper aware of everything around you, especially when someone was in contact with you. My gaze moved down towards our linked hands, deciding to savor the moment for just a little longer as Laura spoke of how we'd have very little chance of escaping from mother. I had to smirk slightly as she stated that it was never going to end, shrugging my shoulders in response. "Probably not. Unless we kill mother - I mean, really kill, not just knocking her into a pit - it'd be hard to escape her, but since that's practically impossible, running would probably be our best bet."

To be honest, I doubted mother would waste him time chasing after a human, even if that human did piss her off. As long as Laura stayed away from Silas and stopped interferring with mother's plans, she'd be safe. I, however, was a whole different story. I was mother's favourite, and I was almost certain she'd send out any surviving goons to drag me back, kicking and screaming, to the campis grounds so that I can work for her again. Maybe Laura and I would have to go our seperate ways in order to keep her safe. Why did it hurt to think about that happening? Surely I couldn't be that attached to her. Surely I'd get over Laura eventually, right?

Finally releasing her hand, I stepped away from her and walked towards the door that led into the hallway of the library's basement - this place was built like a maze, who the hell designed this place?! "Our other option is to hide in the Summer Society's hideout, because I'm pretty sure they're the only ones who don't want to kill us right now, but since they'd probably die protecting us..." So basically we had no where to go. At all. Because while I didn't mind the Summers sacrificing themselves for us, SuperLaura would never allow that. Letting out an exasperated sigh, I opened the door and gestured out of it. "Maybe we should just find out what the library wants with us, ok, cutie? We'll deal with where we'll go once we figure out how to get the library to set us free." Maybe if I burnt some of the books it'd get mad and force us to leave. Either that or it'd kill us...
Carmilla Karnstein
Carmilla Karnstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:52 pm

It sucks to admit, but I had been in a state of depression pretty much ever since we'd lost Perry and JP. The first day down here in this stupid library had been spent with me sobbing like a child before finally getting to work setting up some form of internet connection down here so I could try keeping up with what was going on up there. Day Two was apparently 'try talking to the Library to see if it will let you go' Day. Which didn't end up working out so well.

Still no sign of Perry or JP. Laura was basically comatose and Carmilla wasn't being much help in the whole 'finding a way out' department, so it was apparently my job to stay sane and complete that task, even though all I really wanted to do was breakdown and scream at both of them, particularly Laura.

Sure, she'd killed Vordie, but at least she had Carmilla with her. Not only did I not have any clue where Perry was, I wasn't even sure what had happened to JP, or even if he was still alive. Laura was pining again, and I was sick of it. "Are we finally doing something here?" I asked, turning away from the wall I'd been trying to talk to, with no results. Apparently knowing JP Armitage and saving him from being destroyed by the Corvae Company didn't earn you any extra tips for getting out of this dump.

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmilla Karnstein Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:20 pm

The bio major seemed prickly, or at least I interpreted their words that way. How else was I supposed to interpret 'Are we finally doing something here?', anyway? I didn't like confrontation, and I certainly didn't enjoy the implication that I hadn't been doing anything when, in fact, I was trying to get Laura to do something, so naturally I tensed at their words. "Oh, I'm sorry," My apology came out tainted with annoyance, "I was just trying to get the leader of your little dimwit army to do something while you stood there talking to walls and getting absolutely nowhere with it." I responded, rolling my eyes in the ginger's direction.

"Look, this Library clearly isn't up to having a useful conversation with us, so maybe it's time we start looking around for clues as to how to get out of here. Maybe it's keeping us captive because it needs us to do something, maybe it just likes keeping students as hostages? Who knows? All I know is that we're not finding the answers in here, so it's time to look elsewhere."

I gave up waiting for them, then. If Laura and LaF wanted to follow me, then that was fine. If not... Then I'd go back and drag them along because if I did make it out and found Perry, she'd lecture me about leaving them behind and I was not in the mood for a lecture. So, anyway, I began walking down the hall towards the steps that led to the ground floor of the library, ignoring the cobwebs and the dust-gathering lights but also keeping my eyes peeled for something - anything - that would help us get out of here.
Carmilla Karnstein
Carmilla Karnstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Okay fine. So maybe taking it out on Carmilla was a bit harsh. But being stuck down here with no information about the two people I cared about the most was literally driving me crazy. I couldn't do anything without worrying about where Perry was or why Jeep hadn't found us yet. It was like a broken record constantly playing through my head of what ifs. What if they were dead? What if they weren't coming back? What if this was my fault? What if?

Silently, and if possible, feeling even worse than I had before, I trudged after the broody vampire, turning my attention back to the walls as we walked. "Come on. You have to give us something! You can't just trap us here for the rest of our lives, I have friends up there I'd like to see again, so let us out already!" The Library's only response was a steamy, brooding silence that reminded me far too much of Laura, and only irritated me further.

"Fine. Screw you. We'll find our own way out," I grumbled, officially pissed off at the walls of the Library. Dammit all. Could things at this school get any more insane?

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmilla Karnstein Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:24 pm

So despite putting me in a foul mood, the brainiac decided to follow me, huh? A part of me was glad that someone saw sense to follow, another part of me hoped they were wise enough to keep at a distance, because if they decided to use me as a verbal punching bag, there'd be trouble. At least their frustration was being taken out on the walls again for now. "While you're there futilely talking to the walls again, tell Laura to bring the phone." I assumed that laura would tag along now, not wantig to be left alone in the Library, and whole I hated the fact that she'd probably use the phone to document everything, we needed that tiny device. It was our only source of internet, and the only way we could figure out what was going on at Silas right now.

After ascending the steps, we entered the ground floor of the library. I had walked through this vast, book-lined room for decades upon decades, but every time I returned it had greatly changed; new layout, new decor, new technology. While the architecture remained old-fashioned everything else got a modernized look. It was a disorienting reminder that a lot could change in a short while. The campus was already a warzone when we had left it, how much would have changed when we returned?

But now wasn't the time for thinking about that, now was the time for action. The Library had been trashed pretty badly by Corvae - statues had been broken, broken, footprint-covered books littered the floor and furniture had been knocked over but I could still make out the heavy wooden doors in the distance that marked the entrance. Shut. I also glanced to the windows, which barely gave us any light so I assumed it was either nearing nighttime or the day was just beginning. The windows were also shut. For a moment I scowled at them, then turned back to the science geek. "What do you think the chances of these doors being vampire-proof are?" I asked, jerking a thimb behind me at the doors. "Maybe if I put my back into it, I can bust us out of here, right?"
Carmilla Karnstein
Carmilla Karnstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:52 pm

"Fine. Pretty sure I've given up on them anyway," I responded, pausing to turn back to Laura. "Hey Hollis! If you plan on coming with, bring that phone of yours." I didn't bother with reminding her it was our only remaining link to JP and Perry. It hurt too much to say their names anyway.

The ground floor was trashed, looking almost beyond recognition. Books had been taken out and what few remained looked destroyed and worn down. It was almost like the library itself was dying. I pushed a strand of hair away from my face, focusing on the doors as I walked towards them. "Don't know. I doubt getting out of here is gonna be that easy though."

Just as I'd suspected, the doors were either stuck or locked tight. Try as I might to pull on them, they didn't budge. "Okay....new plan," One thing Corvae hadn't gotten rid of were the chairs, and I grabbed one, rushing back over to the windows and trying to smash them open. I might have succeeded if it hadn't been for the invisible forcefield that made my chair bounce off and nearly whack me in the face. "Okay, so we've got locked doors, a giant forcefield around the windows, and no books to help us at all. Any ideas?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Hollis Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:39 am

She could hear the blame in Lafontaine's voice, but if the roles were reveresed, she knew she would have killed Vordenburg to save Perry, yes this was her fault, and she had only made matters worse when she had killed him, but she didn't care, Lafontaine could be mad at her and use that tone with her all she wanted, right now all she cared about was getting the hell out of the library and maybe escaping with what dignity she had left.

A sigh escaped her pale lips as she followed Carmilla and Lafontaine slowly dragging behind them keeping out of the conversation, she'd get lost in her own thoughts again, this time about Carmilla. She had known she made a mistake, when Carmilla asked if she missed her Laura regretted not kissing her, taking her in her arms she just had to be stubbon about everything, about saving the school, about how love was supposed to work in her mind, which now that she thought about it more was an insane analogy.. and she was just mentally exhausted.

So instead she walked up to Carmilla, again and without saying anything, she took Carmilla's hand into her own interlacing their fingers together, hoping this was enough to get through to her, she looked at Lafontaine. " Do you remember when we came down here and we found that huge Samarian Book? It was like the library wanted us to find that book, maybe the library won't let us out because it wants us to find something, possibly to help us escape or stop the Corvae? I mean it wouldn't be the first time, maybe we should all split up and look around and see if we can find something?"
Laura Hollis
Laura Hollis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmilla Karnstein Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:22 am

The first bout of hand-holding had been an accident, Laura had simply forgetting to release my hand after I helped her up, but this? Taking hold of of my hand and lacing our fingers together? It was a purposeful act, buf what exactly was the purpose behind it? Was this Laura's way of expressing that we were back on good terms, or was it a sign of her wanting to date me again? To be honest, I wasn't even sure how to respond to that possibility. Deep down there was that foolish part of me that still cared for her and clung onto her, but considering how badly our relationship had gone this semester, would I be able to go through all that again?

Clearly there was a big, awkward talk on the horizon about where we stood and maybe how we could compromise in order to make things work, but now was not the time for relationship drama. We could discuss all of this when we weren't slowly starving to death in a dusty old library. "Well I searched the basement yesterday when I was getting stuff from the vending machines." I piped up, tearing my gaze away from our connected hands after realizing I had been staring at them for the entirety of Laura's talk. "The library only has two floors due to the high ceilings, so maybe you and the mad scientist should check out the ground floor while I take the upper floor." I knew that that was a poor call, considering LaF's hostility towards Laura, but at least it would be so much better than being alone with my ex right now, something we hadn't really experienced since I stupidly kissed her again.

((Or, at least, I think that was the last time they were alone together (Excluding the FaceTime scence, because they weren't really together). Correct me if I'm wrong!))
Carmilla Karnstein
Carmilla Karnstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:07 pm

I let out a sigh, glancing over at Laura when Carmilla suggested we work together on the ground floor. Laura was honestly the last person I wanted to be with right now. She'd probably try moping to me about how confusing her relationship with Carmilla was. She was even holding her hand right now, right in front of me.

I didn't have time for this. JP and Perry were still out there, possibly in danger. Not that Laura seemed overly cooncerned about them, of course. She had Carm, so she was just peachy, wasn't she? I let out a sigh. "Fine. You search that side of the room," I gestured to the other side of the room, which was far, far away from me. "I'll look over here. We'll get it done faster if we're searching both sides of the room."

That was the excuse I gave her. In reality I just didn't want to be near her right now. Not when I was this irritated with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Hollis Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:17 pm

Laura looked hurt and rolled her eyes, she really thought Carmilla had forgiven her for everything, and she wanted to fix this but Carmilla clearly didn't, she jerked her and away and took a step back from Carmilla. Being nice had gotten her nowhere, moping around had gotten her nowhere, maybe it was time for Laura to start standing up for herself. " You know what, you two can be mad at me all you want, I'm TRYING. I'm trying to save the school, I'm trying to fix all the mistakes I made, but it's not good enough is it?" Laura snapped at them before turning to Lafontaine.

" You know what Lafontaine? You can be mad at me all you want, but if the positions were reveresed you would do the same damn thing to save Perry!" she snapped at her. " Even if you knew what would have happened. I murdered someone to save my girlfriend who still clearly hates me." Laura started crying again. " So if you could loose the attitude and get us out of here so we can all go on with our lives other then setting here and being angry at one another, it's getting us nowhere."

Laura was exhausted, hungry and angry, and at the moment she didn't want to ba around either of the two girls in front of her in fear that she would say something she would regeret later, she turned to Carmilla." You can stay here and help Lafontaine, I'm going to the upper floor alone.. Now you two can discuss how horrible I am and how this is all my fault." she snapped, then turned around before either of them could argue and made her way away from them and up the stairs wiping the tears from her eyes.
Laura Hollis
Laura Hollis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:34 pm

I'm sure I looked like a fish out of water or....something really odd-looking as Laura went off on me. And here we go again, with Laura just assuming the reason I was mad at her. I probably shouldn't have snapped the way I did next. But I was irritated and worried about my friends, and the stupid library wasn't helping, and really, neither was Laura.

"Hey!" I called, storming up the stairs after her. "Laura! I'm not mad at you for killing the old geezer, okay? In fact that's probably one of the best things you've done this entire semester. I'm pissed off because you can't find it in you to stop moping already! So you killed Vordenberg, whatever! Can you get over it long enough to help us get out of here so we can find our friends?"

With that done, I turned, making my way back down the stairs to the ground floor. "Right, so Laura's going to be a little miss Mopey-Pants about everything. Fine. I say we figure our own way out and just come back for her later, because honestly I'm sick of the moping, and the pining. And the 'not doing anything useful to help us' thing."

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmilla Karnstein Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:30 pm

What the frilly hell just happened? It was like children arguing. Laura started sobbing again and went off on a tirade and then the bio major started shouting in return! Honestly, it was like they hadn't even reached maturity yet. No wonder we weren't getting anyway with those two at each other's throat, and I was stuck in the crossfire. Great.

That wasn't the worst part of all of this, though. It was the fact that Laura thought I hated her and was upset over it. Clearly she didn't realize that I felt the complete opposite of hate for her right now. Heck, I had fallen for her so hard that it almost got to a point where I asked 'How high?' when she told me to jump. Luckily I had managed to put an end to that with the breakup, but if I got too close to her again... My feet took a step in the direction of the stairs, wanting to go and assure her that I didn't hate her, but she was probably too angry to listen to reason right now. 'Just give her some time alone.' I thought to myself, letting out a sigh. 'Once she's calmed down, you'll be able to talk to her.'

And then there was the ginger, who had returned from shouting at Laura just to continue complaining about her. Usually I'd try to ignore all the high school friendship drama, but even I had my limits. "And I'm sick of your whining!" I hissed, baring my fangs as I spoke. "Because, seriously, that's slowing us down just as much as Laura's 'Moping'. Yes, we understand that you want to get back to the other dimwits, yes, we understand that every second away from them is another second they could be in danger, but no, that does not give you the excuse to take it out on everyone. If we want to make it out of here, we've got to co-operate and at least tolerate each other instead of being at each other's throats! Understood?"

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I pulled my hair out of it's bun, sliding the hairband onto my wrist. "I'll checked out the far side of the room." I told LaFontaine as I shoved my hands into my jean pockets and started walking away from them. "You just stay here and think about how you're going to stop acting like a child."
Carmilla Karnstein
Carmilla Karnstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:58 pm

I could've yelled back. I might've too, if the stupid vampire wasn't right. So instead I sighed, kept my big mouth shut, and started my search around the library. It didn't take long to find a few things. One of the first things I managed to score was an ancient looking book, all in Latin, that seemed like one of the only books  that hadn't been completely destroyed.

"Hey Carm!" I called, making my way across the library to find the broody vampire. "I think I might have found something...but it's all in Latin, so I can't understand a word of it. Think you can translate?" I placed the book down on the shelf next to her, and waited, curious to see what information the book might be able to give us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Hollis Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:12 pm

She ignored Lafontaine and continued to walk away, she was exhausted mentally and physically.  Ans she thought saving girls from being fed to an angry anglerfish was hard.  What Laura hadn't coped with was the fact that she killed someone, she'd taken someone's life from them, even though he was evil, and callous, he was still a human being, after about 10 minutes of searching her emotions became too much and Laura slid down the wall and just sobbed, angry, hurt and unable to deal with any of this.  She was so tired of being yelled at, tired of people yelling at her because of her terrible choices, and most of all, she just wanted Carmilla, to hold her and tell her everything was going to be okay, and to call her stupid nicknames just because it made her smile.

After another 10 minutes of crying, and deciding moping around had gotten her nowhere, Laura stood up and wiped her eyes. " Okay,enough of feeling sorry for yourself. Your going to find a way out of here, find a way to save Perry and JP and maybe even the school.." she mumbled to herself as she started looking around the library for anything that might help her, and in the back of the library was a large wooden door, that she was sure hadn't been there before. Laura arched a brow and walked over to it and opened it, walked inside and flipped on the light

Inside was a large room full of what looked like old archive files for the school, there had to be something in this room that would help them  Laura immediately started taking out boxes and setting them on a table and started to go through them, she didn't call for Carmilla or Lafontaine, she didn't want .. no, she didn't need their help. She'd do this own her own.
Laura Hollis
Laura Hollis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmilla Karnstein Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:44 pm

Well, my search had come up empty. I hadn't gotten that far, but from what I had searched, there was nothing much here. Most of the books had been sold by Corvae, some had been destroyed when the library fought back, and the rest where just average, academic books. The only thing of interest I managed to find was a philosophy book open on the floor. On the page was a quote from Plato; Love is a most serious mental disease. Yeah, no kidding.

Suddenly LaF spoke up from where they had been searching and I instantly walked over to them. Of course I'd have to play translator, that always seemed to be the case. But, if translating this book got us out of here, then so be it. The book was old, heavy and incredibly dusty, with yellowing pages that were framed by a worn leather case. Carefully, I ran my hand across the inscription on the cover, narrowing my eyes as I tried to determine what it said. "That's odd... This book is about old legends. I don't think a book like this is even meant to be in the library." I flipped to the contents page then continue, "Legends regarding the supernatural, legends regarding deities, le-" I paused. My eyes widening as I read the words in front of me. Portis Septemque. Seven gates. When I searched for those pages, though, I found nothing but evidence that they had been ripped out. And they were quite a few ripped pages on the floor. "Try to search the pages on the ground for anything that say 'Portis Septemque'" I told the ginger nerd, walking over to a chair and putting upright before setting the book on it spread open to the ripped part of the book. "I'll get Laura. We're onto something with this."

I gave no time for explanation and just ran upstairs to the second floor. I had to admit that while we did make a breakthrough, I also came up here the selfish reasons. Laura's crying hadn't escaped me one bit, even when I had been searching for something to help us get out of here. I just wanted to make sure she was ok, now that she had had a moment to cry out all of her sadness and anger, but there seemed to be no sign of her existence. "Laura?" I called out, walking slowly through the centre of the room, peering down the book aisles as I went. Halfway there and still nothing, but her heartbeat grew louder the more that I walked, her scent getting stronger as I made my way to the back of the 2nd floor. Reaching the back, I found Laura hunched over a bunch of old files on a table. A table right near a door that shouldn't even have been there. Weird, but it didn't seem too dangerous. For now, at least. Turning my attention back to Laura, who had puffy red eyes and tear tracks down her cheeks from all the crying, I found myself at a lost for words. My mind went blank at the sight of her completely broken but forcing herself to continue with the task at hand, and I couldn't even remember why I had come up here. All I managed to get out was a stupid little, "Hey."
Carmilla Karnstein
Carmilla Karnstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Hollis Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Laura had been on a mission since she had found the files, she'd even went into her " work mode." and started to organize the boxes putting them in a pile further in the back if they weren't relevent to what she was looking for.  But boy had she found something, she'd found books upon books of names of girls, their status, how much money their parents made, their college applications, and their age, and another with the same names but it only had 5 girls for every 20 years so she assumed these must be the girls the dean had sacerficed to the anglerfish, she had even managed to find Ell's name in one of the books, which was depressing never the less.

She also found records of money transfers, school records, records from council meets, everything the dean had done was in a box somewhere in this room, and it was a lot to go through, but maybe if she could find who the money was coming from, it would give them an idea on who the heck they were dealing with. Laura's hair had been pulled back into a ponytail, leaned back against the table flipping through one of the files when she heard Carmilla's voice and nearly dropped the file.

Her heart started to race, and she was excitedly about to tell Carmilla everything that she had found, that maybe somewhere in these files was a lead they needed to stop the Corvae and save the school, but for some reason unknown to her she couldn't get the words out, all she could do was stare stupidly at the girl in front of her, she wasn't sure what to say, because she was sure anything she did say would be irrevelent at this point, finally after what seemd like forever, but really was only a few seconds, Laura finally managed to speak. " Hey.." she said awkardly setting the file down on the table.
Laura Hollis
Laura Hollis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carmilla Karnstein Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Usually only being able say to 'Hey' to each other would be pretty comical, but right now I wasn't sure whether Laura was at a lost for words or simply refusing to speak to me. For me, it was a loss of words, words that I desperately searched for as I made my way over to her. What had I been doing before? I had looked at the book and- Oh yeah. "So... The brainiac found an old Latin book, and it seemed to mention something about Seven Gates, maybe the seven gates that the Corvae goons had mentioned before." I explained, looking over the files curiously. The corners of my lips turned upwards into a smirk at what I saw in front of me. "Ah, I see that little Lauronica Mars has been up to her old tricks again."

The air between us was thick with tension. It was slowly suffocating the both of us - metaphorically, of course - and after a moment it became too much. I had to do something about Laura's little outburst, because this moment just too torturous. "Look, I don't hate you." I finally spoke up, focusing my gaze on the fractionally smaller human. "I just wanted to avoid any awkward conversations, but apparently I can't seem to do that without upsetting you." There were other reasons, of course, but they required a whole lot more opening up that I just wasn't ready to do yet, especially if there was a possibility that, in the same way that a part of me still clung onto my feelings for Laura, she still had feelings for me.
Carmilla Karnstein
Carmilla Karnstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Hollis Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:50 pm

The fact that every conversation she had ever had with Carmilla usually started with 'Hey' made Laura smile, it had become normal for both of them. A sigh escaped her lips as she smiled." I might have found something too.. II was walking around and I found this room. or it found me.. I think.. anyway I found all of these boxes and they are full of books, receipts journals, everything your mother has signed or done at this school is in this room.. and look at this." she walked over and picked up the old book." it's every girl that your mother has sacrificed to the anglerfish..It looks like she took in girls that were poor, had you seduce them and then sacrificed them because nobody would notice they had gone missing, they were from lower class poor families..  it looks like she had this all planned out even before you started helping her..which is very.. very creepy." she rambled on happy that she had actually found something. " I'm going to stay up here and keep going through these files, maybe I can find a deal, or letter your mother sent to the Corvae."

A sigh escaped her lips as she glanced around the old musty room, and then back to Carmilla, so maybe she was using the boxes and all the files as a distraction, but at least she was being productive even if she was masking her feelings. " You didn't upset me.. I'm so tired of everyone being mad at me because of the horrible decisions I made... I didn't make Perry and JP run off they did that themselves." she shrugged. " I - I don't want things to be awkward between us.. Carm.. I just.. It's hard.. being around you and not being able to touch you or hold you like I want to.. and when you look at me it takes every bit of restraint I have not to kiss you." Laura looked down.

" I- What I said.. about it not being enough.. I was wrong Carmilla. Your enough, I don't care if I don't have the perfect fairy tale relationship I've always dreamed of, relationships aren't like that.. no relationship is perfect, ours is beyond perfect.. and I'm not saying it has to be." she rambled on. " But our relationship..what we have? Carmilla I wouldn't trade that for anything.. I'm sorry I tried to change you and make you someone your not... I love you, Carmilla I love everything about you, even when you constantly annoy the crap out of me.." she smiled a little.
" And I don't think I'll ever stop." she looked up at her again, terrified that she had just thrown her heart right out on the table, and Carmilla would break it into a thousand pieces, she needed to get this out, she had to tell her even if Carmilla didn't feel the same way about her anymore, at least she could move on.
Laura Hollis
Laura Hollis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next